Use the following diagram to connect your BMP180 Barometric Pressure / Temperature sensor.
A couple of notes before you get started:
- The BMP180 has a default I2C address of 0x77. Cayenne will automatically use this address when adding the BMP180 through the Add Device process.
- Make sure Raspberry Pi is powered off when connecting wires.
- When using a GPIO ribbon cable, make sure the power wire (it’s a different color than the others) is connected to the corner of your Raspberry Pi and the top of your Pi cobbler.
- The provided diagram is just an example of how to connect the sensor. There are many ways to connect sensors and extensions, so try what works best for you!
- Some full-size breadboards (used in diagrams below) have a powerline that is separated in the middle. If this is the case, be sure your sensors are connected on the same half of the breadboard as your Pi Cobbler.
When you get done, you can now add the BMP180 to your dashboard.
About the Author